Add data assimilation interface to RichardsSimulation
We want to use DORiE (only the
RichardsSimulation for now) for data assimilation. There exists a data assimilation interface which has not been merged into
master and is outdated.
The interface should comply to KnoFu and must be tested inside DORiE.
Develop a new data assimilation interface based on the implementation in
This involves multiple changes and updates of the
- Add functions
\Theta(\theta)for calculating the matric head from water content, or a single function merging both.
- Convert indentation to spaces.
- Remove separate grid function space definition.
- Fix localization (only works for blocking of size 1).
MatricHeadAdapterwith new parameterization interface.
- Move functions for converting Eigen vectors to solution vectors into
KnoFuInterfaceand test them.
How to test the implementation?
Add new tests:
- Model interface: state propagation, setting parameters.
- Model factory: model creation and (fake) model cloning.
- Model interpreter interface: Observation operator, localization.
- Plotting: Adding state to VTK writer